If we had to pick one word to describe the last few years, it would have to be “change.” The ways we perform the most fundamental actions of being a human—how we live, how we work, how we learn, and how we play—have changed more times than we can count. The challenge for all of us, as people and as businesses, has been to stay steady amid fluctuation, to embrace and grow from change.
At TMS, we’re proud to say that we’ve never been steadier. We’ve had an active 2022, broadening and deepening our industry presence, while continuing to be reliable partners for our customers and clients. Some of our exceptional team members even racked up a few more awards for the TMS trophy case.
Given that the holiday season is a time for gratitude, we’d like to revisit some key highlights that we are thankful for from 2022, yet another year of tremendous change.
A Million Strong
In October, we celebrated the one millionth family we’ve helped achieve and maintain the dream of homeownership.
One million is an incredible milestone. But when numbers get that big, one can forget that each one of those million represents a living group of people with faces, names, and dreams. At TMS, we always keep the gravity of that responsibility at the forefront, obsessively focused on delivering the best experience in the industry. Its why Rock Solid Service is our first core value.
Awards & Recognition
In the spirit of People Matter., another TMS core value, we’d like to highlight the team members who received industry wide recognition this year:
- Glen Banta, Chief Technology Officer. Glen was named a 2022 HousingWire Tech Trendsetter. The Tech Trendsetter list “seeks to highlight the people who drive innovation for their mortgage and real estate clients.” Glen’s award reflects our continued emphasis on great tech, which empowers our great people to deliver nothing but Rock-Solid Service.
- James Braxton, VP of Customer. James was named a National Mortgage Professional (NMP) 40 Under 40 winner. The NMP 40 under 40 highlights “forty individual mortgage professionals under 40 years old who bring something special to their job each day, and in doing so help to elevate this industry for all of us.”
Individuals like Glen and James are driving forces behind a recognition bestowed upon TMS as a whole: a 2022 HousingWire TECH100 honoree. The HousingWire TECH100 recognizes 100 technology companies “that are making the housing sector better and more sustainable by increasing efficiency, improving borrower experience, and bringing elasticity to mortgage servicing processes.”
There’s a lot of high praise in those honors. We have only our people to thank, again and again, for setting new standards in subservicing.
TMS in the News
In addition to all we do behind the scenes to Grow Happiness in our customers and clients, TMS continued to be a thought leader, sharing strategy and process perspectives for all in the mortgage industry.
It began early in the year, when we published a white paper in HousingWire and an article in DSNews about the need for all companies to be customer-obsessed. Companies like Amazon have set the customer experience bar higher than ever before. Regardless of your industry, we argued, you too have to live up to the standard.
If you prefer your news in an audio format, you might have caught one of our eight podcast guest spots this year:
- Shayna Arrington on Lykken on Lending. Subject: compliance in servicing.
- Linda Case on HousingWire. Subject: the state of subservicing.
- Jason Kwasny on The Chrisman Commentary. Subject: servicing nirvana.
- Linda Case on The Chrisman Commentary. Subject: servicing boarding and escrow capital markets.
- Anthony Forsberg on The Chrisman Commentary. Subject: loss mitigation.
- Bryan Crofford on the Chrisman Commentary. Subject: investing in people.
- Shayna Arrington on the Chrisman Commentary. Subject: compliance.
- Johnny Spagnola on the Chrisman Commentary. Subject: customer experience.
The Numbers Are in
Last but not least, we want to take a look at the numbers we produced this year. You can spin a story all kinds of ways, but numbers tend to tell it like it is. So, without further ado:
- 98.5% customer satisfaction rate
- 91.3% first-call resolution rate
- 83.8% Net Promoter Score
- 84% of customers using self-service options
- Under 34 seconds call wait times
What that all means is that we are there for customers, the moment they need us and even when they don’t. We don’t send them on wild customer service goose chases or make them listen to pre-recorded music. We give them answers to their questions, efficient solutions to their problems, and the tools to become savvier homeowners. In short, we help them grow happiness.
We’re proud of our award winners. We’re proud of the people spreading TMS’s philosophy in public forums. But most of all, we’re proud of the fact that we’re continuing to fulfill our mission of Growing Happiness. When holiday time comes, you want to gather comfortably in your home with the people you love, and we are honored to say that there are now more than one million families doing that with our support this year.